Monday, June 17, 2013

Do Something Different!

Isn't it time to get out of the box?
Tired of writing the same song over and over? I know I am.

There's only one thing to do: Radically write something different. Use another instrument or program or process, but write something completely unlike you.

Right now I am working on a song that sounds like the 1920s, a full album of Latin songs, and some classical things. You HAVE to push yourself creatively into other areas or you will stagnate where you are.

Today, or this week, join me in my little movement for change. Even if they are little things, do them differently. Buy a new shirt. Eat at a new place. But above all, find a way to make new music.

Then tell us about it below. Maybe you've started this movement without me. Great! Share what you did below or at our Facebook page "Christian Songwriter's Challenge". There will be a new challenge there too!

I'll be there with you in spirit and in action.

So what will YOU write different?

EC
--
Eric Copeland is working hard to walk backwards, wear new clothes and write something different. If you need more inspiration and ideas, find out more at http://www.CreativeSoulOnline.com

2 comments:

Jeannie Furst said...

I like the idea of a different instrument. It's been a few years since I did that.

Shoun pulok said...

Good Blog sir... your blog is very helpful... I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing Songwriting.

About Me

My photo
Eric Copeland is an author, producer, keyboardist, songwriter, and president of Creative Soul Companies. What is Creative Soul? Our main goals are to inform, encourage, and assist Christian creative folks in ministry, no matter where they are in their journey. Thanks for reading! Find out more about us at http://www.CreativeSoulOnline.com